Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Monday, January 17, 2011

Taste and See

I made it through a weekend with my family! I am very, very proud of myself. I stayed strong while making cinnamon rolls, eating at Bread Winners, and even watching my brother eat ice cream! I just kept telling myself, I am doing this because it is good for me. It is good for my body. I was reminded this morning of a verse, Psalm 34:8, that says,

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."

After having a taste of the Lord's love and ability to provide, I really can't go back and settle for life without Him. I have been ruined for anything less than the best. When I think about how that can apply to the Whole 30 Challenge, I know that what I am putting in my body is good for me. And even though it may take more planning or a little longer to prepare than say fast food, it is worth the wait and truly is satisfying. I'm not saying that I don't miss some of my favorite things like Diet Dr Pepper, cheese, or chocolate but there is a gratifying feeling that comes when you have chosen to eat something that you know is better for you and will give you more nutrients. Like wise, when I am tempted to ignore the Lord's voice or just settle for life's equivalent of a less nutritious meal, I long to seek refuge in Him, knowing that by choosing that path, I will fill my soul with something far more satisfying and nutrient rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment