Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Monday, January 10, 2011

Starting the Challenge! Day One

I am starting this blog because for the next 30 days several of us at Crossfit Strong are doing a nutrition challenge and this is going to be my place to log my progress, vent, and hopefully serve as a source of accountability for me to actually complete this thing as well. I will describe the challenge but I want to start by saying that I am not a blogger -- I have never blogged before, and I really don't even read other people's blogs, so this is sort of crazy for me to be doing this. But I think it will be good for me to write out my daily thoughts, frustrations, progress, and anything else I may feel like writing about.
First, let me describe The Whole 30 Challenge:
http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/
To eat a strict Whole Nine diet for 30 days, starting Jan. 12-Feb. 13. By doing this we are suppose to see an improvement in our WODs (workout of the day) at Crossfit, feel more energized, lose that sense of dependency on food -- sugar especially -- and come to view food as fuel for our body not just something to indulge in. The above website describes it best so check it out, but here's a blurb for ya:

"We cannot possibly put enough emphasis on this simple fact – the next 30 days will change your life. It will change the way you think about food, it will change your tastes, it will change your habits and your cravings. It could, quite possibly, change the emotional relationship you have with food, and with your body. It has the potential to change the way you eat for the rest of your life."

I am adding another component to this challenge because, honestly, if I don't, I know I will not make it through the next 30 days. I want to really take my relationship with Jesus to the next level and hopefully see a radical change in myself spiritually. I am not a super-disciplined person, especially when it comes to my diet, so I am going to need His grace and strength to get through this. And as this new year begins I just want to go to a deeper level of trusting in God's provision and plan for my life and really trying to figure out what that is exactly instead of just living comfortably. Because, honestly, who wants to be comfortable? Jesus definitely didn't live comfortably and being a Christian shouldn't be comfortable either. I want this year to be about pushing myself in every area and accomplishing things that I just assumed I could never do before.

So, that's it. This blog will serve as my personal journal for the next 30 days. It will be a combination of how the Whole 30 challenge is going, how I am hopefully improving at Crossfit Strong, and, most importantly, how I am being transformed from the inside out by Jesus.
Here goes nothing!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You truly are an inspiration to me and to everyone you come in contact with. God hears your cries and will be faithful to answer your requests. My commitment to you is to keep you ( and Malachi)covered in prayer for the next 30 days (and beyond)that He will keep you focused and strong. God will honor your efforts and will take you to the next level for HIS glory! Love you!,

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete