Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pushing Through the Tabata

Today's WOD was really challenging but great at the same time. It consisted of dead lifts, pull ups, and burpees and we did them tabata style going 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 6 minutes each. The WOD was 18 minutes total. Doesn't sound that bad you say??? Well its one of those that sneaks up on you and once you reach the burpees you are WIPED OUT. I love tabatas because its all about how hard you push yourself. Personally, I don't look at the clock. I just wait for the coach to call time because looking at the clock seriously makes the seconds tick off more slowly! As I was doing my burpees I just kept telling myself to push through the pain and go as fast as I could. Six rounds will not last forever and I don't want to finish the WOD with anything left on reserve in my tank.

Now as I think about that mindset that I had while working out and try to apply it to my life as a whole and how I'm trying to live for Jesus I want my attitude to be the exact same. I want to push and push and when my time on this earth comes to an end I don't want anything left in my tank. It's hard though because I can do anything for 30 seconds. Its when you start thinking about 30, 60, or 90 years that it gets a little bit harder to stay at that intensity. But then again, I am on day 16 of this challenge and I never thought I could do that for 30 days either... 1Corinthians 6:19-20 says, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

I want to live by this verse in all I do, whether that be burpees, box jumps, loving my husband and children well, or sharing Jesus with the neighbor down the street. I am not my own, its not about me or my strength. There's so much freedom in that truth! Thank you Jesus that you give me exactly what I need to make it through every day and even when I don't choose to take Your hand that is extended to help me, You are there the next day offering it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment