Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rx Pull Ups! What, What!!

I did pull ups Rx! I did pull ups Rx! If you can't tell, I am singing that while dancing around my living room because I am so excited to say that I can do pull ups Rx now:) Whether or not this has anything to do with my eating Whole 30, I will forever look back and remember that I did my first set of prescribed pull ups during this challenge and therefore I deem it a huge, huge success. Seriously, I can't help but think that my clean eating has something to do with giving my body the fuel and energy it needed to build muscle and gain enough strength to get my stinking chin above that bar all on my own:)

I started at Crossfit Strong in mid November and have slowly been working my way through the different levels of tension bands for pull ups and yesterday my sweet husband made me try them on my own and to my own amazement I was able to do them! Crazy! Today we had burpee pull ups in the WOD and I did all 29 Rx. Super cool! Even though I am still using a band for dips, it is a huge boost to my confidence to be able to do regular pull ups and I can honestly say I am looking forward to them now.

On the challenge front, there are only two days left! I cannot believe it really. Malachi and I were just talking about how it actually has gone by somewhat fast. Sure I have missed many things, mainly diet dr pepper, iced coffees, gum, and the occasional brownie but all in all it has been a fairly speedy 30 days and I have enjoyed what I have been eating. The next entry will most likely be my conclusion on what the experience has meant to me... Can't believe it's almost here!!!

1 comment: