Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Friday, February 11, 2011

Dora's Theme Song

My thirty days are up! Every time I think about being done I can't help but start singing the theme song from Dora the Explorer (those of you without kids may be completely lost on this one) but when Dora, Boots, and Backpack accomplish whatever mission they are on for the day they sing this song that starts off, "We did it, we did it, we did it!" I can demo for you if you need me to:)

Anyway, I did it! and Malachi did too so I am so super proud of us both. Overall, this was an amazing experience for me. I definitely learned a lot about discipline, receiving grace from the Lord during challenging times, and being able to achieve things that I didn't think were possible for me.

Some of my highlights from this Whole 30 Challenge are:
1. Actually completing the 30 days without cheating once
2. Learning new recipes for meals
3. Doing pull ups Rx
4. Discovering that it is possible to make a grilled cheese sandwich for your son without taking a bite
5. Seeing more definition and tone in my body
6. Receiving so much love and support from my family and friends
7. Feeling more energized and less need for naps during the day
8. Dropping body fat-I lost 4%
9. Being able to do 100 burpees in 5:56 and intimidating my husband with my fast time so he doesn't try to do the WOD:)
10. Getting to share with a few people at the box that the Lord's grace is what is getting me through this challenge.

So, the take away is that this diet plan truly has a lot of benefits. I feel stronger, fitter, more energized, and overall just more in control of my eating habits. I really feel my view of food has changed from something that I indulged in to more of a fuel source for my body. I absolutely will stick with eating a Whole 9 diet, probably not 100%, but most of the time. Thanks for challenging us all Crossfit Strong! It has been an awesome 30 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment